Thursday 7 October 2010

Wands!

O-k, I have identified my woods. I have some very lovely hazel woods which along with elder and rowan, are reputed to be some of the best woods for wands, especially all purpose wands! I have enough to make 4, perhaps even 5 wands. I also have a hawthorn branch which is known to be a fairy tree, great for defense and protective magick and stregnthening, warding, concelment and weather magick. I finally have a rose branch which is great for protection, psychic power emotional healing, luck and divination.

So, for the Rose, my original idea still applies, however I found a lovely slender rose quartz to put on the point! As rose is also good for psychic power I have a lovely amethyst to use as a base stone.

My Hawthorn is looking to be a lovely wand.! I may decorate it with some red spirals painted on it reminiscent of it's vibrant coloured berries and add a rose quartz or clear quartz crystal to the point. I also have some lovely blue dyed agate I might put onto the tip...or as a base stone.....

For the Hazels, I have a few different sizes. I got a fairly thick branch which will make two nicely shaped wands, and I'm thinking of carving these and embedding a nice thick goldstone into the base. I also have a turquiose which would go nicely on one as well....

No comments:

Post a Comment